If you are involved in an accident/incident during an Ola ride, there are certain guidelines that you need to follow to ensure the safety of both yourself and the driver. Being involved in an incident is never easy and we understand that this can sometimes leave you feeling scared, angry, frustrated, uncertain, and perhaps a little bit unsure about what to do. We understand this and have prepared the below guidelines for you to follow as a rider in the event of an incident/accident:
- As a first priority, ensure that all parties are safe.
- Assess the situation and if there are any risks to anyone’s safety, dial 000 for emergency assistance. Render any first aid, if necessary.
- The driver has certain obligations that they need to fulfill – you can help them here by ensuring that you remain in the vehicle and do not get out unless it is safe to do so. The safest location is inside the vehicle. If you make the decision to get out of the vehicle, you should ensure that you move to a safe location away from moving traffic (eg: on the footpath or behind a crash barrier on a freeway etc.)
- If all parties are safe, make sure you let us know of your incident by hitting the ‘SOS’ button in the Ola application. This will notify a member of our safety team who will reach out to you immediately.
- Be sure to also give someone close to you a call and inform them of your situation. Let them know where you are (share your location – you can do this through the Ola app), what happened, who was involved and what alternative arrangements you might have made.
- Don’t stress about your ride charge – we will assist you here where we can.
Following the above guidelines will ensure that your post incident experience goes as smoothly as possible. If you have any further questions, please feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.