The following documents are accepted
- Australian birth certificate
- Australian citizenship certificate
- Australian passport *
- International passport (with an Australian visa) *
- NZ birth certificate
- NZ citizenship certificate
- NZ passport *
- international passport (with a NZ visa) *
* Passports may be current, or expired within the previous two years, but not cancelled.
You can sign up with an iPhone, Android phone, or from a computer.
Using your preferred mobile number & email account, you can register at:
You can also visit an Ola office or Driver Meet Up, in your city. Check the Ola Driver Facebook page for details:
Document verification will be completed within 24 hours of document submission if all uploaded documents are correct.
You will be notified on completion of verification or receive an email to prompt accurate completion of your application.
Providing an ABN (Australian Business Number) is one of the required documents to sign up as a driver with Ola.
The existing tax law applies and drivers are required to register for GST regardless of their turnover.
To drive with Ola you must register for an ABN and GST.
Current drivers that don’t have an ABN and aren’t registered for GST can easily apply online HERE
You don’t need to be GST registered to drive for Ola in NZ. You can find more information on GST on the IRD website HERE.
Ola has a partnership with Logmate and you are required to use this service if you are using Ola’s TSL to ensure compliance with NZTA legislation. To register with Logmate, go to: http://logmate.co.nz/drivers/.
If you are using your own TSL, you are free to use a logbook of your choice or logmate.
You sure can!
Driving with Ola is up to you. You choose your own hours and days. It is completely flexible. Some people use this job as their side hustle to make money on the side. Some drivers make more than $500 just driving weekends.
Australia : Vehicles must not be older than 2010 models. In South Australia, vehicles must be 2011 or older.
New Zealand: Vehicles must not be older than 2009.
Ola takes 15% commission on these fares, but you can earn even more with incentive rewards and peak period pricing.
Ola takes a standard 18%* commission on these fares, but you can earn even more with incentive rewards and peak period pricing.
*A 9% introductory commission applies only in Wellington for the first month that you are driving with Ola.
The introductory commission offer is only valid in Wellington (NZ). It is valid for your first month as an Ola driver and can be claimed by successfully completing your application.
The commission rate is 9% in the first month that you driving with Ola from the day you are on-boarded. After the introductory month, the commission rate will be set at 18%.
Your account will be activated as soon as Ola verify all of your documents.
After all your documents are submitted and verified, you will be sent an app download link to your registered email. You can also download the Ola driver app from the App Store or Google Play store:
You are paid daily by Ola and will receive payments as a direct deposit into your nominated bank account.
The ‘rewards’ feature is located at the bottom of your driver app screen.
Simply click ‘rewards’ and a new page will open, showing the incentives that are valid for you. The Rewards you have earned can also be tracked here. You can expect to receive your incentive reward payments, within 5 working days after the incentive period has finished.
In Australia, drivers must display an Ola sticker when accepting rides.
To receive an Ola sticker, please add your details to this form to register to have one sent to you.
Ola stickers must be used when your driver app is switched ON, you’re online and accepting rides. You can remove the sticker when you are not driving.
The stickers are reusable. Have the sticker displayed at all times when driving to make your Ola driving experience, an easy one.
Watch how to apply your Ola sticker HERE
The NZTA requires the following to remain compliant driving with Ola:
- TSL displayed on inside of windscreen as close as possible to bottom of passenger’s side
- TSL ID card must be displayed on the dashboard visible to all passengers
See how to apply your TSL label HERE.
Use the Go-To feature to help you earn when you are on the way home or to a specific location to start your day.
You can select the destination that you wish to accept trips towards, twice a day. Once selected you will only receive trips taking you in that direction.
Learn more about Go-To HERE
You can add a new vehicle and manage all vehicles in your Ola driver app. This will help you seamlessly update details with little fuss.
How to guide HERE
The safety and comfort of the Ola community is extremely important to us. We have strong safety measures in place, including the below:
- Your mobile number is masked from customers to ensure your privacy.
- Drivers can alert their emergency contacts or call the nearest police control room immediately using the SOS button provided on the app.
See how Ola supports driver safety in the driver app HERE.
- Call us at Ola care at 03 8594 1941
- Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Join our Ola Drivers Australia Facebook Facebook page
- Visit one of our walk-in centres
- Brisbane (QLD): Monday to Friday from 11am – 4pm. 609 Logan Rd, Greenslopes
- Melbourne: (VIC): Monday to Friday from 11am – 4pm. 245 Saint Kilda Road, St.Kilda
- Adelaide (SA): Monday to Friday from 11am – 4pm. Regus Level 5, 121 King William Street, Adelaide
- Perth (WA): Tuesday to Friday from 11am – 4pm. Regus Level 2, Building C, 355 Scarborough Beach Rd, Osborne Park
- Canberra (ACT): Tuesday & Thursday from 9am – 5pm. 490 Northborne Ave, Dickson. (WOTSO)
Look out for our Driver ‘Meet Ups’ in Sydney and Gold Coast. Information about these events can be found on the Ola Driver Facebook page
Look out for our Driver ‘Meet Ups’ in Auckland, Wellington & Christchurch. This information can be found on Ola Driver Facebook page
All Ola offices are closed on Public Holidays.