Click here and sign up using your Google account OR mobile number and provide you basic information to start the registration process.
Upload all the required documents. We will reach out to you once your documents and vehicle have been verified.
You can find the list of documents required for your city in the Documents section.
Registration is free. There may be costs associated with providing documentation.
The following documents are accepted:
- Australian birth certificate
- Australian citizenship certificate
- Australian passport *
- International passport (with an Australian visa) *
* Passports may be current, or expired within the previous two years, but not cancelled.
Document verification will be completed within 72 hours of document submission if all uploaded documents are correct.
You will be notified on completion of verification or receive an email to prompt accurate completion of your application.
Providing an ABN (Australian Business Number) is one of the required documents to sign up as a driver with Ola.
The existing tax law applies and drivers are required to register for GST regardless of their turnover.
To drive with Ola you must register for an ABN and GST.
Current drivers that don’t have an ABN and aren’t registered for GST can easily apply online HERE
You sure can!
With Ola, you choose your own hours and days. It is completely flexible. Some people use this job as their side hustle to make money on the side. Some drivers make more than $500 just driving weekends.
Check our Rate Card
Ola only takes 15% commission on these fares, but you can earn even more with incentive rewards and peak period pricing.
Vehicles must not be more than 9 years old for all AU cities except Adelaide.
In Adelaide, vehicles must not be older than 8 years.
Currently, we are only accepting private hire vehicles on our platform.
We can get a rental car on-boarded if the driver is able to provide all the required documents.
Whether the driver is allowed to drive the rental car with Ola, is dependent on the agreement with the original owner.
If the driver applies with the rental car, we will assume that they have the consent of the owner.
Please upload a full Rental Agreement in place of insurance if you are renting a vehicle.
We currently do not have any car leasing options.
We are working with on options and will notify you once we have this service in place.
Yes. If you have already completed a vehicle inspection, please upload the report in your application under the ‘Vehicle Documents’ section.
A National Police Check is mandatory in Sydney ONLY.
If you have a National Police Check, please upload the report in your application under the ‘Driver Documents’ section. Your Police Check must be current as of 3 months.
If you do not have a National Police Check, you can apply for one through CHECKED. Please note, CHECKED will process the police check result from appropriate Australian Government agencies and forward the results to Ola. Ola will process the Driver application based on the results obtained.
Ola will cover the cost of your Police Check if you complete it through ola.checked.com.au. The cost will be deducted from your account at a later date, once you are onboarded with Ola.
Please note, Ola retains the right to reject your application if disclosable court outcomes are found in your Police check results.
Yes, depending on where you are located.
- You need to have Unrestricted NSW drivers licence for one year with a Passenger Transport licence code (PTLC).
- You must have held an Australian Driving Licence for at least 12 months in the last two
In Brisbane, Gold Coast & Sunshine Coast:
- A Valid QLD licence not less than 12 months old is required.
In Adelaide & Melbourne:
- Your Drivers licence should be not less than 6 months old.
- A Full Western Australian drivers licence including F or T Extension is required. License should be no less than 12 months old.
- If F or T extension is not printed on your license, please attach approval letter along with license in your application.
- A Full ACT drivers licence with ‘D’ condition is required. ‘D’ condition is added to your licence when issued with PVDA / RDA.
Training is mandatory in Queensland only.
From 1 August 2019, all drivers in QLD are required to have completed compulsory training in anti-discrimination awareness including sexual harassment, and disability awareness under section 97 of the Transport Operations (Passenger Transport) Regulation 2018.
After this date, it will be an offence to drive a rideshare vehicle without having completed this training. Penalties may apply.
Once you submit your application, you will receive an email on your registered email ID within 24 hours, with a link and details to enrol for this training.
Once the training is completed, Ola will validate the result and proceed with your application. There is no need to upload any training document after completion of training.
Managing your Vehicles
There is currently no limit to the number of vehicles you can register on your account.
It is as simple as the registration process for your first car:
- Visit drive.olacabs.com
- Sign in with your registered google account/phone number
- Upload your car documents
Once verification is done, you will be notified of its status within 72 hours.
Note: City of the new vehicle should be as per your registered city. The new vehicle should not be associated as “available” under another driver.
Yes! If you are a Driver-partner already onboarded with Ola, you can add multiple vehicles in the driver app.
- Update your Ola driver app to the latest version via iOS (App Store) or Android (Google Play). To do this simply click on UPDATE in the App Store or Google Play
- Once you are in your Ola driver app, jump into your driver Profile page. Scroll down the My Profile menu and you will see ‘MANAGE VEHICLES’ under the My Vehicles section
- In the MANAGE VEHICLES app page, click on CHANGE VEHICLE
- Once you CONFIRM, a new active vehicle will be assigned to your profile. Please restart your app if changes are not visible immediately
No, for security purposes, we don’t allow two drivers to be attached to a single car. Only when a vehicle is “terminated” from the driver that is currently registered with Ola, does it become available to be registered to a new driver.
If we receive an application for a car that is active, we contact the previous partner to confirm the termination of the vehicle from their account. Then the car can be attached to the new partner.
It takes 3 (three) business days for this to be processed and become visible in your profile on the driver app.
If you are adding a new vehicle to your profile, please allow 3 (three) business days for the new vehicle to appear. This is dependent on all details for that new vehicle, being uploaded correctly.
If you are changing your vehicle, this can happen instantly. You may be required to log out and log in again to your driver app, for the change to be visible.
You are paid daily by Ola and will receive payments as a direct deposit into your nominated bank account by the following working day.
The ‘rewards’ feature is located at the bottom of your driver app screen.
Simply click ‘rewards’ and a new page will open, showing the incentives that are valid for you. The rewards you have earned can also be tracked here. You can expect to receive your incentive reward payments within 5 working days after the incentive period has finished.
In Australia, drivers must display an Ola sticker when accepting rides.
To receive an Ola sticker, please add your details to this form to register to have one sent to you.
Ola stickers must be used when your driver app is switched ON; you’re online and accepting rides. You can remove the sticker when you are not driving.
The stickers are reusable. Have the sticker displayed at all times when driving to make your Ola driving experience, an easy one.
Watch how to apply your Ola sticker HERE
Use the Go-To feature to help you earn when you are on the way home or to a specific location to start your day.
You can select the destination that you wish to accept trips towards, twice a day. Once selected you will only receive trips taking you in that direction.
Learn more about Go-To HERE
You can update your mobile number within the driver app by going to:
More > View Profile > Update phone number.
If you have changed mobile numbers & do not have access to your old number, please send us an email at email@example.com
The safety and comfort of the Ola community is extremely important to us. We have strong safety measures in place, including the below:
- Your mobile number is masked from customers to ensure your privacy
- Drivers can alert their emergency contacts or call the nearest police control room immediately using the SOS button provided on the app
See how Ola supports driver safety in the driver app HERE
You can be reimbursed for the cleaning fee if a rider creates an unfortunate mess in your vehicle. To start the cleaning fee reimbursement process with Ola, follow the steps HERE
When a customer books a ride through their Ola app, we offer the booking to nearby drivers.
As a driver accepts the booking, Ola verifies the customers payment method to ensure the payment will be processed for the trip they have booked.
If the payment verification fails for any reason, the trip will be cancelled.
This entire process occurs within seconds of the driver accepting a trip. If the trip is cancelled due to a payment verification issue, the next available trip will be assigned to the driver.
A cancellation fee of AUD 8.90 will be paid to drivers in Queensland when eligible.
Drivers in all other States’ cities will be paid a cancellation fee of AUD 10 when eligible.
- If the customer cancels within 5 minutes of making the booking, you are not eligible for a cancellation fee
You are eligible for Cancellation fees in the following situations:
- If the customer cancels 5 minutes after you accept the ride, you were on the way to the pickup location, and you were expected to arrive within 5 minutes of the ETA
- If the customer cancels 5 minutes after you accept the ride, and you arrived at the pickup location within 5 minutes of the ETA
- If you arrived at the pickup location within 5 minutes of the ETA, pressed the ‘Reached Pickup’ button, waited at the pickup location for 5 minutes or more, and you, the driver, cancels
Please note: Ola’s commission applies to the cancellation fee.
No. Drivers are prohibited from picking up riders under the age of 18 unless accompanied by an adult for the entire duration of the trip.
If an adult places any child under 18 years of age in your vehicle without the adult with them, the driver must also refuse the ride.
If the driver suspects that a passenger may be under the age of 18, the driver must request to see identification from the passenger prior to starting the trip and you have the right to refuse the ride if the rider is under 18 years of age.
Driving hours include the time spent driving during a trip, the time between two trips or time spent stationary e.g. airport queue. The driving hours accumulate until you log off for 8 consecutive hours or once you reach 13 hours you will be automatically logged off for 8 hours.
Your driving hours can be found by going to the ‘Driving Hours’ section in your driver app. You will be notified before you reach 13 hours.
You will be automatically logged off for 8 hours once you have reached 13 online hours. Once you complete your end-of-shift break you can log back on and start accepting rides!
*If you are in the middle of a trip when you reach 13 hours, you will be able to complete the trip before you are logged off for 8 hours.
- Brisbane (QLD): Monday to Friday from 10am – 5pm. 609 Logan Rd, Greenslopes
- Melbourne (VIC): Monday to Friday from 11am – 4pm. 245 Saint Kilda Rd, St. Kilda (CoWork Me)
- Adelaide (SA): Monday to Friday from 11am – 4pm. Regus Level 5, 121 King William St, Adelaide
- Perth (WA): Tuesday to Friday from 11am – 4pm. Regus Level 2, Building C, 355 Scarborough Beach Rd, Osborne Park
- Sydney (NSW): Monday to Thursday from 11am – 4pm. 55 Pyrmont Bridge Rd, Pyrmont (WOTSO)
- Canberra (ACT): Monday, Tuesday and Thursday from 11am – 4pm. 490 Northbourne Ave, Dickson (WOTSO)
Look out for our Driver ‘Meet Ups’ in the Sunshine Coast and Gold Coast. Information about these events can be found on the Ola Drivers Australia Facebook page
All Ola offices are closed on Public Holidays.