Cleaning Fee Reimbursement Policy and Process
We understand that it isn’t always pleasant or easy to clean up mess in your car which has been left by passengers. However, Ola is here to support you and to ensure we can do this efficiently and suitably, the provision of details and photographic evidence of the incident, is very helpful to quickly resolve within a suitable time frame.
For you to start the cleaning fee reimbursement process with Ola, the following information must be sent to Ola, within a 4 hour time frame:
- You need 2-3 clear pictures of the mess (photos that are not clear, will not be accepted)
- You must identify the trip the issue occurred and provide the CRN, as well as any other relevant identifying information
- A brief description of what happened and any additional circumstances
You must also provide your cleaning receipt, though you don’t need to provide this within the 4 hour time frame. The cleaning receipt must be in the form of a valid tax invoice which should include the vehicle registration number that was cleaned as well as the required information:
- that the document is intended to be a tax invoice
- the seller’s identity
- the seller’s Australian business number (ABN)
- the date the invoice was issued
- a brief description of the items sold, including the quantity (if applicable) and the price
- the GST amount (if any) payable – this can be shown separately or, if the GST amount is exactly one-eleventh of the total price, such as a statement which says ‘Total price includes GST’
- the extent to which each sale on the invoice is a taxable sale
Due to having open bottles of alcohol inside a vehicle being illegal in most states, alcohol spills are not included within our cleaning policy.
Once Ola reviews the details, trip & photographs provided, advice will be provided to you regarding reimbursement.
A maximum of $150 will be reimbursed, depending on the type of mess and evidence provided to the team.
In situations, depending on the level of mess to your vehicle, you may need to refrain from accepting rides, until the mess is fixed.
Ola offers 24/7 Driver Support, so we are always available to help you.
If you find yourself in a ‘cleaning pickle’, contact us:
Don’t forget to include all information, as outlined above, to help us, help you.