Ola ANZ Drivers are expected to represent Ola ANZ and themselves in a responsible, ethical and reasonable manner when providing customers with safe and efficient ride services.
To ensure a strong driver performance rating and to avoid warnings or temporary off-roading from the Ola ANZ platform, it is critical for Drivers to understand their obligations as listed below:
- Drivers must not ask the customer to cancel the trip request.
- Drivers must not ask the customer’s drop location and once known, attempt to convince the customer in any manner, to cancel the trip request.
- Drivers should ensure their driver account does not have a high rate of cancellation activity.
- All Ola ANZ Drivers are obligated by anti-discrimination laws in both Australia and New Zealand, to permit service animals in their vehicles.
- Each jurisdiction has anti-discrimination laws, preventing a Driver from discriminating against a customer with accompanying service animals, from cancelling trips as a result.
- Within Australia, Ola ANZ Drivers must not refuse to carry an assistance animal in the vehicle: please see Clause 64 of the Point to Point Transport (Taxis and Hire Vehicles) Regulation 2017.
- Assistance animals are defined under section 9(2) of the Disability Discrimination Act 1992.
- To determine whether the animal accompanying the customer is an ‘assistance animal’, the Driver may politely request the customer produce an ‘Assistance Animal Permit’ or appropriate accreditation to verify.
- Within New Zealand, Ola ANZ Drivers must not refuse to carry an assistance dog into their vehicle: please see Dog Control Act 1996, s 75 and Human Rights Act 1993, s 21.
- However, the Driver may politely request certification of the customer, that the dog is certified as a “Disability Assist Dog” by an approved organisation such as, the Blind Foundation, Assistance Dogs NZ or Hearing Dogs for Deaf People NZ.
- Drivers should not decline trips due to a discriminatory reason such as a customer’s gender, religion, race or sexuality.
Understanding Cancellation fees
- Cancellation fees charged to Ola ANZ customers will be paid to Ola ANZ Drivers, less any commission. Cancellation fees may vary by city.
- Cancellation fees are applicable where a Driver*:
- Reached the pick-up location within the estimated time frame plus 5 minutes calculated by Ola at the time of allocation; and
- Tapped the ‘Reached pick-up’ button on arrival at the pick-up location specified within the App.
- Waited for at least 5 minutes at the pick-up location. If the Driver is more than 3 minutes late in reaching the pick-up location; then the timer will start from 5 seconds after the driver tapped on the “Reached Pick-up” button. To clarify, Ola ANZ considers the later of the “Scheduled Pick-up time or actual Reached Pick-up Time”. This may be longer if the pick-up location was reached prior to the estimated time of arrival provided to the customer.
- The customer OR the Driver cancelled the booking through the app.
- If a cancellation fee is applicable, the Driver will be instantly notified within the app upon cancellation of the booking.
- Where a Driver declines a customer’s ride after adhering to the above rules, Ola ANZ reserves the right to deny a cancellation fee.
- Any disputes may be raised via the app or email through our partner care email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If a Driver starts a trip they are ineligible to receive a cancellation fee for that same trip.