Ola Drivers are expected to represent Ola ANZ and themselves in a responsible, ethical and reasonable manner when providing riders with safe and efficient ride services.
To ensure a strong driver performance rating and to avoid warnings or temporary off-roading from the Ola ANZ platform, it is critical for Drivers to understand their obligations as listed below:
- Drivers must not ask the rider to cancel the trip request.
- Drivers must not ask the rider’s drop location and once known, attempt to convince the rider in any manner, to cancel the trip request.
- Drivers should ensure their driver account does not have a high rate of cancellation activity.
- All Ola Drivers are obligated by anti-discrimination laws in both Australia and New Zealand, to permit service animals in their vehicles.
- Each jurisdiction has anti-discrimination laws, preventing a Driver from discriminating against a Rider with accompanying service animals, from cancelling trips as a result.
- Within Australia, Ola Drivers must not refuse to carry an assistance animal in the vehicle: please see Disability Discrimination Act 1992
- Assistance animals are defined under section 9(2) of the Disability Discrimination Act 1992
- To determine whether the animal accompanying the rider is an ‘assistance animal’, the Driver may politely request the rider to produce an ‘Assistance Animal Permit’ or appropriate accreditation to verify.
- Within New Zealand, Ola Drivers must not refuse to carry an assistance dog into their vehicle: please see Dog Control Act 1996, s 75 and Human Rights Act 1993, s 21.
- However, the Driver may politely request certification of the rider, that the dog is certified as a “Disability Assist Dog” by an approved organisation such as, the Blind Foundation, Assistance Dogs NZ or Hearing Dogs for Deaf People NZ.
- Drivers should not decline trips due to a discriminatory reason such as a customer’s gender, religion, race or sexuality.
Understanding Cancellation fees
- Cancellation fee is charged to compensate drivers for the time, effort and fuel spent while trying to reach the pickup location.
- A rider may be charged a cancellation fee if*:
- The estimated time of arrival of the driver is less than 5 minutes and the rider cancels the booking 3 minutes or later after the booking has been accepted by the driver; or
- The estimated time of arrival of the driver is 5 minutes or more and the rider cancels the booking 5 minutes or later after the booking has been accepted by the driver; or
- The driver has already arrived at the pickup location; or
- The driver cancels the booking after waiting at the pickup location for 5 minutes or more.
- However, the cancellation fee will not be charged if the driver is delayed in reaching the pickup location by more than 5 minutes from the shown estimated time of arrival.
- If a driver starts a trip they are ineligible to receive a cancellation fee for that same trip.
- Cancellation fee amount may vary depending on the rider’s city and the vehicle category selected.
- Cancellation fees charged to Ola riders will be paid to the driver, less any commission.
- If a cancellation fee is applicable, the driver will be instantly notified within the app upon cancellation of the booking. Where a driver declines a ride after adhering to the above rules, Ola reserves the right to deny a cancellation fee.
- Any disputes may be raised via the app.