To ensure a strong driver performance rating and avoid warnings or temporary off-roading from the Ola platform, it is critical to understand are listed below.
- Drivers should avoid asking the customer to cancel the trip request
- Drivers should avoid asking the customer’s drop location, and once known, convincing the customer in any manner to cancel the trip request
- Ensure your driver account does not have a high rate of cancellation activity
- Declining trips for a customer with accompanying guide dogs or assistance animals.
- Declining trips due to a discriminatory reason such as customer’s gender, religion, race or sexuality
Understanding Cancellation fees
- Cancellation fees charged to Ola customers will be paid to Ola drivers less commission. Cancellation fees may vary by city
- Cancellation fees are applicable where a driver*:
- Reaches the pick-up location within the estimated time frame (3 minutes) calculated by Ola at the time of allocation and;
- taps the ‘Reached pick-up’ button on arrival at the pick-up location specified within the App
- waits for at least 5 minutes at the pick-up location. If the driver is more than 3 minutes late in reaching the pick-up location; then the timer starts 5 seconds after the driver clicks on “Reached Pick-up”. To clarify, Ola considers the max of “Scheduled Pick-up time or actual Reached Pick-up Time” this may be longer if you reach the pick-up location prior to the estimated time of arrival provided to the customer.
- The customer OR the driver cancels the booking through the app.
- If a cancellation fee is applicable the driver will be notified instantly within the app upon cancellation of the booking.
- Where a driver denies a customers ride after adhering to the above rules, Ola reserves the right to deny a cancellation fee.
- Any disputes may be raised through our partner care email email@example.com
- If a driver starts a trip they are ineligible to receive a cancellation fee for said trip.