Ola requires all drivers to maintain a high standard of service. Exceptional rider service is essential for achieving a high performance and quality service by drivers. Drivers get only one chance at a first impression so it is very important for you to provide excellent rider service. This will allow you to receive good ratings and for the rider to take an Ola ride with you again.
Rider service covers all aspects of your dealings with riders. Here are a few tips and recommendations from Ola on rider service.
Hygiene and cleanliness
- Be neatly attired in casual apparel with clean clothing.
- Pay attention to personal hygiene and grooming standards. Shower daily, brush teeth and hair, and use deodorant.
- Do not use spray deodorisers that get in the seat fabric and is passed on to the riders’ clothes.
- Maintain your vehicle so it is free of visible dents and scratches, inside as well as outside.
- Keep your vehicle clean and litter-free, inside and out.
- Treat riders with dignity and respect at all times.
- Accept all riders, regardless of differences in culture, language, religion, accents, gender and speech patterns.
- You should be polite, respectful and well mannered when greeting riders. Even if your day is not going as well as expected, keep smiling you will be amazed at how your good attitude rubs off on the riders.
- Manage riders’ items in a safe manner, taking into account manual handling best practices.
- At the start of the ride, check with your rider to see if the music, volume and temperature suit their preferences. As a guideline, try not to play music above your sound system’s mid-level or listen to loud music through any earphone device.
- Respect riders’ privacy and only engage in personal conversation with riders if riders start the conversation. Be mindful of the fact that riders may appear to be friendly but may dislike personal questions.
- Ola has a zero tolerance policy regarding sexual harassment. Read more here
- Politely confirm your rider’s destination and if you don’t know it, ask the rider more questions. Never guess the destination.
- Do not proactively ask for tips, or additional compensation from the rider.
- Drive in a safe and professional manner (two hands on the wheel) and comply with road rules.
- Do not take any personal calls while the rider is in the vehicle, except in the event of an emergency or when you are required to navigate to the rider’s destination.
- Do not drive with a vehicle that is not the vehicle you have registered with your account.
- If you have registered multiple vehicles, please be sure to switch the vehicle displayed in the app, to the right vehicle you are driving, in every session. You can find out how to add or switch between vehicles in our FAQS, under the “Managing your Vehicles” section.
- Use equipment in your vehicle in a safe and professional manner.
- Do not stop your vehicle for refuelling during the journey. All refuels should be done before accepting a trip request or after completing a trip.
- Do not make any personal stops during the journey unless it is for an emergency.
- When using navigational aids like GPS and street directories, always confirm the route with the rider first to avoid any misunderstandings. The rider’s way is always the best way.
- Always strive to reach the pickup point before pickup time. You must notify the rider if you are delayed and inform them of when you expect to reach the pickup point.