Ride-Share Waiting Zone
There are separate holding areas and virtual queues for T1/T2 and T3/T4. These are the only areas in the airport for you to receive ride requests.
T1 & T2
The designated holding area for T1 & T2 is located on Horrie Miller Drive. The entrance is located on Horrie Miller Drive.
Proceed along Horrie Miller Drive to the Perth airport pick-up area shown in the driver app as soon as you receive a job request.
T3 & T4
The designated holding area for T3 & T4 is located on Dunreath Drive, opposite the Rio Tinto building.
Proceed along Dunreath Drive and Fauntleroy Avenue to the Perth airport pick-up area shown in the driver app as soon as you receive a job request.
In accordance with Perth Airport’s Terms and Conditions for Rideshare Driver Access, use of the Holding Area for the first 60 minutes is free and thereafter charges are applied at the
standard Short Term Car Park rate. From 1 August 2019, there will be a price increase for any time above 1 hour. Payment at exit remains via credit card only and incurs a 0.59% card surcharge and $0.07 gateway fee.
- You will be placed in the virtual queue as soon as you enter the designated holding area. This will appear in your app. The job requests will be assigned based on your turn in the queue.
- You should leave the holding area when you receive a request. You must proceed to the Perth airport pick-up area; the driver app will assist you to reach the pick-up bay. Note: this is the only area you are able to pick-up riders.
It’s a good idea to contact your rider to confirm that you are on the way and ensure they are at the correct pickup location.
- Once your rider arrives, start the trip and make your way towards their destination. You can wait in the designated pick-up bay up to three (3) minutes.
- You must comply with airport terms and conditions. Failure to do so, may result in driver banning.
Sequence for Airport pick‑up
For each airport pick-up, there is an additional $3.00 airport fee which will be added to riders’ overall fare. This fee will be paid to the airport directly.
- You will lose your turn in the queue if you; leave the designated holding area, decline a ride request, cancel a ride, go offline, leave the airport, or turn your phone off.
- Toilets are available in the airport terminals. Drivers may park in the short term car park - the standard rate will be applied.
- Please note that the drivers who temporarily leave the designated holding area to park in the short term car park, will retain their place in the virtual queue to be eligible for a pick-up request when they return to the Holding Area.
- Use of the designated holding area is free for the first hour. The standard short term car park rate will be applied for overstaying.