Ride-Share Waiting Zone
The designated holding area for Melbourne airport is located on Airport Drive, adjacent to Francis Briggs Road. The entrance is located on Airport Drive, off Mercer drive.
Proceed along Airport Drive to the Melbourne airport pick-up area shown in the driver app as soon as you receive a job request.
Airport Terms & Conditions
In order to receive pick-up requests, you must be registered and agree to the Melbourne Airport Agreed Method of Operation (Agreement) . You will receive confirmation once you have completed the agreement.
- You will be placed in the virtual queue as soon as you enter the designated holding area. This will appear in your app. The job requests will be assigned based on your turn in the queue.
- You should leave the holding area when you receive a request. Proceed to the designated rideshare pick-up bay at the airport; the driver app will help you get there. Note: this is the only area you are able to pick-up riders.
● Customer pick-up requests from terminals 1, 2 and 3 - head to the rideshare pick-up area located in Lane 3.
● Customer pick-up requests from terminal 4 - head to the Level 2 Transport Hub.
It’s a good idea to contact your rider to confirm that you are on the way and ensure they're at the correct pick-up location.
- Once your rider arrives, start the trip and make your way towards their destination. You can wait in the designated pick-up bay up to three (3) minutes.
- You must comply with airport terms and conditions. Failure to do so, may result in driver banning.
Sequence for Airport pick‑up
For each airport pickup, there is an additional $4.53 (incl. GST) airport fee which will be added to riders’ overall fare. This fee will be paid to the airport directly.
- You will keep your turn in the queue as long as you are in the designated holding area. If you go offline, leave the airport, or turn your phone off, you will lose your turn automatically.
- Melbourne Airport provides toilet facilities which can be found at the rideshare holding area. Drivers who temporarily leave the holding area to use terminal toilets must park in the short term car park - the standard rate will be applied. Drivers doing so will retain their place in the virtual queue to be eligible for a pick-up request when they return to the holding area.
- Use of the designated holding area is free. No charges apply for parking at the ride-share holding area.