Ride-Share Waiting Zone
The designated holding area for Sunshine Coast Airport is located off Friendship Ave on Electra Lane. You may also wait for trip requests in the areas surrounding the Airport.
Proceed along Friendship Avenue to the pick-up location shown in the driver app as soon as you receive a job request.
Airport Terms & Conditions
In order to receive pickup requests, you must understand the Sunshine Coast Airport terms & conditions.
- You will be placed in the virtual queue as soon as you enter the designated holding area. This will appear in your app. The job requests will be assigned based on your turn in the queue.
- You should leave the holding area when you receive a request. Proceed to the pick-up area at the airport. In order to do so, the driver app will assist you to reach the location. The pick-up zone is located in front of the Arrivals area of the terminal It’s a good idea to contact your rider to confirm that you are on the way and ensure they are at the correct pickup location
- Once your rider arrives, start the trip and make your way towards their destination. You can wait in the designated pick-up bay up to three (3) minutes.
- You must comply with airport terms and conditions. Failure to do so, may result in driver banning.
Sequence for Airport pick‑up
No fee applies for pick-up or drop-off at Sunshine Coast (MCY) Airport.
- You will keep your turn in the queue as long as you are in the designated waiting area. If you go offline, leave the airport, or turn your phone off, you will lose your turn automatically.
- Sunshine Coast Airport does not provide toilet facilities in the Rideshare waiting zone. Drivers are required to plan comfort breaks prior to arriving at Sunshine Coast Airport. In case of emergency, toilets are available at the airport terminals.
- Use of the designated waiting area is free. No charges apply for parking at the rideshare waiting area.