Important Update – Optus Stadium Perth Rideshare Zone
There has been an important update to how Ola pick-ups will work at Optus Stadium, Nelson Ave.
We have aligned with Mainroads to have a new designated holding area for Nelson Avenue pick-ups, located at Queens Gardens Car Park, Optus Stadium.
Please note that this is the only area Ola drivers will receive job requests for the Optus Stadium, Nelson Ave pick-up location.
What you need to do:
1. Display your Ola sticker at the front left side of your windscreen. You can order one HERE or drop by the Ola office to collect it.
2. Once you enter the designated holding zone, you will be placed in a virtual queue. The trip requests will be assigned to Ola drivers based on their turn in the queue.
3. Once you have received a request, proceed to the designated rideshare pick-up bay on Nelson Ave. The Driver App will assist you to reach the pick-up bay location. *This is the only area for Ola drivers to pick-up riders.
4. Once your rider arrives, you can start the trip and make your way towards the rider’s destination.
5. Drivers must follow directions from Mainroads. This means that the pick-up or drop-off of riders on the roads surrounding Optus Stadium, or in taxi ranks in the area, is not permitted. Drivers may be issued with fines if non-compliant.
Failure to follow the directions of personnel is an incident which may result in account suspension.
- Be in the holding zone from 7pm
- You will keep your turn in the queue as long as you are in the designated holding area. If you go offline, leave the holding area, or turn your phone off, you will lose your place in the queue automatically.
- There are no toilet facilities. Drivers are required to plan comfort breaks prior to arriving at the holding area.
Check out the Stadium Access Map HERE
Familiarise yourself with the designated holding area: